Best Practices Guide
Answering Your Legal Questions
- Florida Courts Help – Website with information about local self-help centers, free and low-cost legal aid, and family law forms.
- Florida Free Legal Answers – Website to ask a lawyer a legal question about a non-criminal matter for free.
- Florida Bar Foundation Legal Aid Program Finder – Search by county for a legal aid program that provides free legal assistance for non-criminal matters.
- Florida Court and Florida Clerk Self-Help Centers – County list of court and clerk self-help programs to assist self-represented litigants resolve family law cases.
- Florida Bar Lawyer Referral Service – A public service designed to make it easy for consumers to connect to trusted, verified attorneys.
- Florida Law Help – Ability to select your legal issue, answer a few questions, and be directed to helpful resources.
Official Court Forms and Court, Clerk, and Bar Information
- Florida Court Forms – A library of official Florida court forms organized by category.
- Florida Courts – Updates on COVID-19 issues impacting local courts.
- Florida Supreme Court – Links to emergency court orders detailing the statewide emergency response to COVID-19 and a list of local court closures.
- Florida Court Clerks and Comptrollers – Florida court clerk updates related to COVID-19.
- Florida Court Clerks and Comptrollers (find a clerk) – Clerk directory by county with website links.
- The Florida Bar – General information and legal resources for Floridians affected by the COVID-19 crisis.
Specific Legal Issues
- Re-employment Assistance – Electronic System, Paper Form, Information, and Governor’s Executive Order
- Eviction – Forms, Information, and Governor’s Executive Order
- Bankruptcy – Forms and Information
- Domestic Violence – Forms, Court Information, and General Information
- Custody / Dependency – Forms and Information
- Guardianship – Forms and Information
- Power of Attorney – Statutes and Information
- Healthcare Advanced Directives – Forms and Information
General Fraud Alert; Obtain Information; File Complaints
Beware of scams. Common COVID-19 scams include: robocalls or other callers trying to collect financial information, scam websites offering “employment,” vaccines or at-home test kits, fake donation pages, and relief pages promising mortgage/rent help. Use only reputable vendors and be careful when sharing your personal information.
- Consumer Protection Information from the Attorney General – Information and File a Complaint
- Price Gouging Information from the Attorney General – Information and File a Complaint
- Financial Fraud Information from the Department of Financial Services – Information and File a Complaint
- Scams and Fraud Information from the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services – Information and File a Complaint
- Consumer Protection Information from The Florida Bar – Information